Supporting the Hermitage ‘Hylean, Hyperprolific, High Health’ breeding programmes is an extensive Research and Development programme focusing on key factors to further enhance the Hermitage product portfolio.
• Frozen Semen.
• Embryo Transfer.
• Sperm ultrastructure staining.
Genotype Performance Testing and Evaluation:
• Individual transponder testing.
• BLUP technologies.
• Market specific programmes.
Molecular Biological Applications:
• Marker Assisted Selection.
• Maternal and Terminal traits.
• Hermitage Genetic Database.
• Traceability through DNA identity.
• Mitochondrial and Nuclear genome analysis.
• Physical and chemical components of eating quality.
• pH, drip loss, intramuscular fat.
• Colour, taste, water holding capacity, tenderness.